January 30, 2011

I wanna...

...hot cup of cocoa with a marshmallow or two.

That's my all time favorite winter song.  I just love to hear my kids sing it in school programs.  Usually, I'm the annoying/dorky mom singing right along with them.

I've been watching my kids drink hot cocoa all winter, and I myself have not had a drop, because of my NO SUGAR thing.  Well...this weekend when I discovered my coco-motion sitting unused way back in the deepest darkest depths of the most awkward to use cupboard (you know the one I'm talking about don't you?), I decided I had had enough (don't you love it when you get to use "had" twice in a row like that?).

I dug that thing out of there and started throwing stuff into it.  You know what I discovered?  Hot cocoa only needs 3, yes that's right, 3 ingredients to be delicious.  *Note: there is an optional 4th ingredient to give it an extra kick.

Here they are:
2 C milk
1/4 C cocoa powder
1 Tbsp splenda
Dash of cinnamon (optional)
Makes 2 servings

Yep, that's all there is to it.  Throw those three things into your coco-motion, and let it whirl.  In about two minutes, you will have the most deliciously rich dark hot cocoa you've ever had.  
Your taste buds will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment